Hello out there. It’s 2016. Wow. When did that happen? As you may have noticed, I haven’t written anything in over a year and a half *hangs head in shame*
What’s that? You want to know where I’ve been? Well, alright then. A couple of weeks after my last post (on Easter 2014, to be exact), Hubby and I found out we were going to have a baby *omginsertallthefeelieshere* My brain immediately went on “baby brain” mode, and has yet to come back to reality. Seriously, thank goodness for post-it notes because without them, I wouldn’t be able to function, I cannot remember anything, Hubby seriously calls me Dory…hey, look, a fish!
…Where was I…
Right. We had a baby. Yay! Prepare yourself for cute photos, starting….now.
This is Zack. When he was born, one of his ears was very pointy, so I called him Spock. Since the day of his birth, he has amazed us with every breath. He just turned 1 a few weeks ago. Where has the time gone?!?
We’ve had geeky fun with Zack, taking him to Emerald City Comic Con. Everyone loved our Han, Leia and Wicket costumes! Still figuring out what to do this year costume-wise.
I totally meant to write this post January of last year. Know how I know? Because I just found my notes in an old notebook! So today, instead of regaling you with my adventures as a mommy to a one-year old, we’ll go back in time and hear my thoughts of being a first-time mommy to a newborn! Ready? Hold on to your bowties! *insert wibbly-wobbly noises here*
…and here we are!
Things they never told you about having a baby:
- Baby hiccups are the cutest and most terrifying noise you will ever hear.
- WHAT THE HECK IS ZACK STARING AT WHEN HE GAZES OVER MY SHOULDER AT 2AM?!?
- Babies are loud! Not in the crying sense, but when they sleep! Zack sounds like a velociraptor chasing a taunton. Why a taunton, you ask? Because he plays both roles in this scenario, alternating between the rasps of the raptor and the bray of the taunton. All of this happens in his slumber, mind you, while I lay awake terrified, listening, wondering who will win the hunt.
- SERIOUSLY, WHAT IS HE STARING AT? GHOSTS FREAK ME OUT, AND HE DOES IT CONSTANTLY!
- Oddest thing of all, I got taller during this pregnancy. I’ve been 5’2″ for years. My mom came to visit a few times during the pregnancy (she’s slightly shorter than me), and the last few times, I was definitely looking down on her! We measured me, and I’m suddenly 5’3.5″! The air is much thinner up here!
*insert timey-wimey noises here* …back to January 2016! How’d you all like that little glimpse into my sleep-deprived life? Zack has grown so much since then! He now walks, has 8 teeth with more on the way, and loves cuddling AND STILL STARING OVER MY SHOULDER INTO NOTHINGNESS. Craziness! He, along with Hubby and I, wish everyone a Happy 2016!